Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Blue's January Submission (209pts)

Hi all,

I had a little better run this month and actually finished my figures a bit ahead of time for a change.  I even painted an extra mini just to complete a unit...and to pad my numbers a bit in an effort to avoid another round of mockery for coming in slightly short on my point tally like last month...


Here is the group shot of the figures I finished for the month...






And here is the breakdown of points for the month.
  • 2 Lords Bowmen plus Standard 45pts
  • 3 Light Infantry Kinband plus musician 44pts
  • 1 Wood Rider 26pts
  • 2 Wardancers 45pts
  • 1 Animal Handler 13pts
  • 6 Warboars
    • Total: 209pts 
I attempted to take a group picture of all the figures painted to date....but I just couldn't fit them all into the small space I currently have available for photography....

...Instead I've taken unit photos showing all the figures for each unit up to this point.

First up...the Warrior Kinband which is really starting to take shape...it now has a complete command section.


The Unit of Archers




Wardnacers

The Light Cavalry Unit


...and Finally the Animal Handler and his Boars.



This is really starting to look like a nice little force!  There are two months worth of painting left to do and still quite a few great figures still to come...including my General.

Cheers for now!  Roll on February!!!

22 comments:

  1. They look great. I might have to make wood-elves my next project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it!! they are a lot of fun to paint...Goodwin Sculpts are hard to beat and these are the epitome of early citadel miniatures IMO

      Delete
  2. Wonderful! Now, I think I need of beastmasters... they were cutted off in the 4th ed. (except for Skaw and another special character with sabre-toothed tigers) so I never played them, but they look awesome in the battlefield!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right...they add an interesting element to the table top and fit in very well with the Wood Elf "fluff"...eventually I will add a unit of warhounds and handler as well

      Delete
  3. Awesome work Blue. Your work on the animals is great!

    I'm also tempted to work on my Wood Elves as my next force. You know, once I paint this 1000s of Goblins ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay on target....you only have about 200 models left to paint!! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the Wardancers and the Boars. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...Wardnacers are always going to be one of my favorites!

      Delete
  5. This army just gets better and better. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice army there. Wood or high elves will be my next army so the dark elves have someone to massacre...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah...I'm painting these for my Dwarfs to kick around...lol

      Delete
  7. So much Oldhammer win here. Loving the earthy tones of your models

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great monthly edition. I'm looking forward to the full k in one group!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another cracking month mate! This is looking to be perhaps the finest painted Goodwin Elf army out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm, I thought "finished" models were fully assembled. ;) Just yanking your chain. Fantastic painting Blue, excellent display of skill.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is some fantastic painting. Gold mate! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you paint horses Blue. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog