Friday, February 2, 2018

Mike's Waagh Grogguzzler (195pts)


So here we are month 3, and I was so close to taking a mulligan but finished with a few hours to spare. I chose for January to work on my goblin chariots, and given how cheap they are I decided to add another to the list to round it out to 195pts for the month. As I got started I noticed that some how I had misplaced the left side of one of the marauder chariots, which led to a search through all my boxes and bitz. After much cursing and repacking I sprang to the computer and found the exact piece I was missing just hop, skip and eight hour plane ride away in England. Six dollars and a week and a half later it arrived and I could really get started. I got off to a pretty good start, but then with things going on the weekends and a rambunctious 2 year old, it was honestly hard to motivate myself many evenings. So tonight I came home knowing I only needed to finish a few small things and be all set, and when I got ready to paint I noticed several wolves and a chariot were missing! 




Using my detective skills I eliminated my wife from the suspects since she would have thrown all the models away, and the dog being to small to reach them, it was clearly my son who was the culprit. After a long search and some creative communication skills he proudly walked over to a corner pulled the missing pieces from under an overhang and gave them back. Straight to work I finished my three chariots, fired up the computer and got to work. So here they are (and yes I am aware I don't have full crew, but I didn't have all the crew models as I've picked them up here and there over the last few years however I could get them.) I also apologize for the poor pictures the lighting is horrible tonight and I haven't had luck uploading better shots.


The only problem with goblin chariots is there's never enough of them!

And below here is what I've completed so far, which honestly and quite sadly is far more than I usually get done in three months...

Fear the tiny Waagh!!!

5 comments:

  1. Very cool Mike! The point is to paint more than you usualyl do, so I,d say you're doing it right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your son is a budding gamer! He's already starting to hoard lead which is a good sign. I love a good gobbo chariot and these are no exception. Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Gobbo chariots, one day I will build mine. I think you handled adversity this month well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nail-biting story there, but I always love a happy ending

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog